Saturday, January 26, 2013

God is Kicking My Butt

Last Tuesday, during our staff meeting, we were asked to talk about something that is encouraging us, and something that is also challenging us. I answered both questions with the same answer: God is kicking my butt.  

Last weekend we had a prayer retreat of sorts at church.  It was a great time of learning and listening, and it was through the course of the weekend that I had a strong sense of God saying to me 'Corinne, I am going to be asking more and bigger things of you, and these will be things that won't be comfortable for you.'  Great.  

So I explained on Tuesday morning, that this is an encouragement, because while I'm freaking out, God has way more faith in me, and what I can do with him, than I have in myself.  That is truly encouraging, if not terrifying.

And the challenge side of this is that God is once more asking me to be willing to move outside of my comfort zone, do things I'm not crazy about doing, and go on another adventure with him.  My immediate response is to run and hide, pretend I didn't hear anything, ignore that nudging voice in my head.  But my name's not Jonah, and I don't want to end up where he did...

So I'm trying to be okay with this.  I'm trying to be open, and just accept what God's got for me, even though I have no clue what it is yet.

Oh, and that change and challenge that I said I was looking forward to when I wrote last time?  Yeah, well, be careful what you wish for.  Nothing I can share yet, but stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment